- Grand Hotel Wien
- Stay with Us
- Dine With Us
- Meetings & Events
- Offers & Packages
- Grand Catering
- Grand Spa
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
October 15th, 2013
Legend has it that afternoon tea was started in the mid-1800s by the Duchess of Bedford. The story goes that the Duchess found herself with a "sinking feeling" (likely fatigue from hunger during the long wait between meals) and decided to have some friends over for assorted snacks and tea (a very fashionable drink at the time). The idea of an afternoon tea gathering spread across England's high society and became a favorite pastime of ladies of leisure.
At the Grand Hotel Wien Afternoon Tea enjoys quite some tradition as well. It was as early as in 1900 that 5-o'clock-tea at the Grand Hotel Wien was the most fashionable social event in Vienna. Everybody who was anybody met for tea at the Grand Hotel Wien. Honoring this tradition, the Grand Hotel Wien now offers two different sets of Afternoon tea snacks. Guests have the choice between an English (scones, Cornish clotted cream, fruit tartlets, apple crumble, shortbread, lime cake, chocolate mousse etc.) and an Austrian (ham-horseradish-sandwich, chives bread, Linzertorte / cake, apple strudel, Guglhupf etc.). The Grand Afternoon Tea is additionally also available with a glass of champagne.
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel Wien: €35,- or with a
glass of champagne €47,-
From October 15th 2013 until March 31st 2014.
- Grand Guglhupf goes Ringstraße
- Theatre in a suite
- Portugal - love at first bite!
- The very special gift
- We are TOP at teaching
- Toque winning cuisine over the rooftops of Vienna
- Christmas & New Year at the Grand Hotel Wien 2014
- Never seen so many trainees before at Grand Hotel Vienna
- Grand Hotel Wien invites to an exclusive piano evening with Robert Werner
- Le Ciel Grill Lunch
- Theatre in the suite - stage opens at the President Suite
- Grand Hotel Wien and Vienna City Marathon launch new partnership
- Afternoon Tea
- New Director of Sales & Marketing for the Austrian JJW Hotels & Resorts
- Open House at 29th September
- Suite Theater
- WWF Earth Hour 2013
- New Grand Spa No605 has opened