- Grand Hotel Wien
- Stay with Us
- Dine With Us
- Meetings & Events
- Offers & Packages
- Grand Spa
- Photo Gallery
- Latest News
- Contact Us
Grand Hotel Wien and FK Austria Wien renew catering contract for four more years
April 19th, 2012
The Viennese football club
Wien and the Grand Hotel Wien have
signed a new contract to renew their cooperation for four more
years until June 2016. Thus, the Grand Hotel Wien
will continue to take care of the gastronomic well-being of all
visitors to the GENERALI-arena.
Furthermore, the five star hotel will resume to be the official
team hotel before home matches and the venue for many other events
of the violets.
The contract was signed at the Vienna city derby last weekend by the Austria Wien chairmen Thomas Parits and Markus Kraetschmer, by Thomas Schwarz, CEO Gastro Ltd., and by Andrea King, JJW Hotel & Resorts and CEO of Grand Hotel Ltd. This new contract prolongs the successful partnership of the last three years.
The Grand Hotel Wien, part of the international chain JJW Hotels & Resorts, will cater all the home matches of the team. In the different VIP-areas (Business VIP, Premium VIP, Classic VIP, Players Lounge) the Grand Catering team will welcome up to 800 guests per match. All the kiosks in the stadium will be cared for by Grand Catering as well and thus benefit from the high quality of the five star catering.
FK Austria chairman Markus Kraetschmer is delighted about the renewal of the contract: "It is especially rewarding to be able to continue our cooperation with such a great and reliable partner. Since the beginning of the partnership in 2008 we have been more than happy with service, quality and the great teamwork. We are very much looking forward to working with the Grand Hotel in the coming years."
Andrea King, CEO of the Grand Hotel Wien, adds: "We are thrilled to be continuing our partnership with FK Austria Wien for the next four years. The club's outstanding reputation across the world, along with its rich Austrian history, afford us the ideal platform to branch out from our own heritage of community, culture and economy; and into the exciting world of sport."
"The challenge for our catering team during the matches is to serve a lot of people in a very short period of time and with the quality and the service you would expect from a Grand Hotel", says Siegfried Pucher, Food & Beverage Director of the Grand Hotel Wien. "We strive to offer the best quality with regards to food, beverages, and service not only in the VIP Areas but for all the fans and visitors at the kiosks as well."
The football club Austria Wien was founded in 1911. It is one of the most successful football clubs in Austria. The team became cup master for 27 times and Austrian master for 23 times already.
JJW Hotels & Resorts
Since it was founded in the late 1980s, JJW Hotels has built a strong portfolio of hotel brands from economy through to mid-range and luxury. Unlike many other hotel operators, all JJW hotels are wholly owned assets.
Today JJW is seeking to focus on expansion of the luxury 5-star hotel portfolio in Europe. The group owns properties like the 'Grand Hotel Wien' and 'The Ring' in Vienna, Hotel La Tremoille in Paris and The Scotsman Hotel and Spa in Edinburgh. In the Algarve, the group owns the famous San Lorenzo golf course and Dona Filipa Hotel. Pinheiros Altos private golf course, also in the Algarve is a haven to Europe's rich and famous and the Amarante Formosa Park Hotel has built up a loyal clientele since it opened in 2004.
- Le Ciel Grill Lunch
- Suite Theater
- WWF Earth Hour 2013
- New Grand Spa No605 has opened
- Horst Mayer New General Manager
- Afternoon Tea
- Kaiseki-Zui-un at Restaurant Unkai
- Christmas & New Year at the Grand Hotel Wien
- Gault Millau 2013: Grand Hotel Wien celebrates four toques
- Maid-Made: New GRAND Housekeeping Uniforms
- Smart Guide Vienna
- 2012 Golden Tea Leaf for the Grand Hotel Wien
- The teppanyaki experience at Unkai
- 36 new Superior Rooms at the Grand Hotel Wien
- Eis and the city
- FK Austria Wien catering contract renewed
- Le Ciel Lunch: Lucky Thirteen
- Jacqueline Pfeiffer (Le Ciel): Chef of the Year 2012
- New sake sommelier at Unkai
- Grand Hotel Wien Gift Vouchers
- Christmas Time at the Grand Hotel Wien
- New Year’s Eve gala at the Quadrille
- Grand Hotel Wien supports the Global Social Business Summit 2011
- Grand Hotel Wien voted best hotel in Austria
- Gault Millau 2012: Grand Hotel Wien celebrates four toques
- New GRAND Uniforms
- Centennial of FK Austria Wien
- Schanigarten Season in Vienna
- New Grand Fragrance
- Unkai shines in new splendor
- Lake´s opens in Pörtschach am Wörthersee
- 140 Years of the Grand Hotel Wien
- The hotel ‘gardens’ have opened
- K Hotels International presented
- Guglhupf designed by Gustav Klimt
- World Travel Awards 2009
- Gault Millau 2010 places the restaurants of the Grand Hotel Wien among the best ones in Austria
- Fundraising Dinner at the Belvedere
- Catering contract with FK Austria Wien
- Emballissimo Award
- Sushi Cooking Courses with Head Chef Hiroshi Sakai
- Unkai Sushi Bar - Now Open
- Opening of 'The Ring'