- Grand Hotel Wien
- Stay with Us
- Dine With Us
- Meetings & Events
- Offers & Packages
- Grand Spa
- Photo Gallery
- Latest News
- Contact Us
Le Ciel Lunch: Lucky Thirteen
April 12th, 2012
For centuries, thirteen has been considered a cursed, unlucky number.
- Thirteen is one of the least likely numbers to be drawn in a lottery.
- The thirteenth day of the month is considered unlucky in Western tradition, especially when it falls on a Friday.
- In Tarot, thirteen is attributed to Death (La Mort).
- "The Thirteenth" is a synonym for the Devil, and thirteen is also referred to as a "devil's dozen." In the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty, the thirteenth wise woman in the country, who was not invited to Sleeping Beauty's birthday party, pronounced a curse on the young princess. In that story, the thirteenth is the evil fairy who didn't fit in with the twelve good ones. (Source: Wikipedia)
All that superstition is a thing of the past. From now
on, thirteen stands for the ultimate culinary experience. From
Monday to Saturday lunch, the award-winning restaurant Le Ciel on
the 7th floor of the Grand Hotel Wien has a special
offer revolving around the number thirteen:
13 euros for an appetizer, 13 euros for a soup, 13 euros for a fish dish, 13 euros for a meat dish, 13 euros for a dessert. Plus, there is no cover charge!
So each course at lunch costs only 13 euros, and you can choose to suit your appetite and fancy. Maybe you just want a main course, or maybe you prefer two appetizers, or - like the author of this article - three sweet desserts.
Gone are the days when you had to take a full lunch menu. Now you can mix and match courses entirely to your liking. The possible combinations are virtually endless. Whether you order one dish or thirteen, let yourself be inspired by your cravings, your appetite, and the amount of time you have for lunch.
One thing you can be sure about, our cooking, or to be more precise, the cooking of chef de cuisine Jacqueline Pfeiffer, will be superb. After all, the renowned S.Pellegrino Culinary Selection just nominated Pfeiffer as Austria's Cook of the Year 2012. A look at the current thirteen-themed lunch menu will give you a good idea why: "carpaccio of beef with Barilotto bufala cheese and avocado" (13 euros); "wild herb risotto with oven-baked tomatoes" (13 euros); "veal émincé with morels and petit potato pancakes" (13 euros); and "crème de Bresse with raspberries, meringue, and artisan vanilla ice cream" (13 euros) are just a few examples.
The unique Le Ciel at the Grand Hotel Wien looks forward to your visit - thirteen times and more.
- Le Ciel Grill Lunch
- Suite Theater
- WWF Earth Hour 2013
- New Grand Spa No605 has opened
- Horst Mayer New General Manager
- Afternoon Tea
- Kaiseki-Zui-un at Restaurant Unkai
- Christmas & New Year at the Grand Hotel Wien
- Gault Millau 2013: Grand Hotel Wien celebrates four toques
- Maid-Made: New GRAND Housekeeping Uniforms
- Smart Guide Vienna
- 2012 Golden Tea Leaf for the Grand Hotel Wien
- The teppanyaki experience at Unkai
- 36 new Superior Rooms at the Grand Hotel Wien
- Eis and the city
- FK Austria Wien catering contract renewed
- Le Ciel Lunch: Lucky Thirteen
- Jacqueline Pfeiffer (Le Ciel): Chef of the Year 2012
- New sake sommelier at Unkai
- Grand Hotel Wien Gift Vouchers
- Christmas Time at the Grand Hotel Wien
- New Year’s Eve gala at the Quadrille
- Grand Hotel Wien supports the Global Social Business Summit 2011
- Grand Hotel Wien voted best hotel in Austria
- Gault Millau 2012: Grand Hotel Wien celebrates four toques
- New GRAND Uniforms
- Centennial of FK Austria Wien
- Schanigarten Season in Vienna
- New Grand Fragrance
- Unkai shines in new splendor
- Lake´s opens in Pörtschach am Wörthersee
- 140 Years of the Grand Hotel Wien
- The hotel ‘gardens’ have opened
- K Hotels International presented
- Guglhupf designed by Gustav Klimt
- World Travel Awards 2009
- Gault Millau 2010 places the restaurants of the Grand Hotel Wien among the best ones in Austria
- Fundraising Dinner at the Belvedere
- Catering contract with FK Austria Wien
- Emballissimo Award
- Sushi Cooking Courses with Head Chef Hiroshi Sakai
- Unkai Sushi Bar - Now Open
- Opening of 'The Ring'