- Grand Hotel Wien
- Stay with Us
- Dine With Us
- Meetings & Events
- Offers & Packages
- Grand Catering
- Grand Spa
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
Habsburg Highlights Package
Experience a 'crowned' holiday with an 'imperial' stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. With the Habsburg Highlights Package you will stay two nights at the 5-star De Luxe Hotel that, in the early times of its 140 years history during the then Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy, regularly was visited by members of the Imperial family.
Treasures of the Habsburg Family
From the hotel you have the ideal starting point to follow the traces of the bygone Habsburg dynasty. The ticket "Treasures of the Habsburg family" will take you past some of the most famous sights and historical buildings of the former imperial city to three of its most important museums.
There, many inestimable witnesses of over a millennium of European history await you: the most important collection of medieval royal objects like the insignia and jewels of the Holy Roman Empire, including the Imperial Crown and the Holy Lance. Further highlights include the Crown of Emperor Rudolf II., as well as the vestments and other precious items of the Order of the Golden Fleece. Exceedingly valuable gems, including one of the world's largest emeralds, bear witness to the Habsburgs' former degree of power. In earlier centuries, two items were considered to be so unique that they were declared "inalienable heirlooms of the House of Austria": a giant narwhal tooth which was thought to be the horn of a unicorn and an agate bowl from Late Antiquity which was thought to be the legendary Holy Grail.
Afterwards, these impressions can be talked about during a 3-course dinner at one of the best restaurants in town. The gourmet restaurant Le Ciel on the 7th floor of the Grand Hotel Wien does not only offer culinary sensations, but also a special view over the city.
Finally, to make the package complete, a CD 'Music at the Habsburg Court' by the famous conductor Nikolaus Harnoncourt and a delicious Grand Guglhupf will welcome you at your room. Guglhupf, by the way, was one of the favourite pastries of Emperor Franz Joseph I.
The Habsburg Highlights Package includes:
- Two nights at the Grand Hotel Wien
- Ticket 'Treasures of the Habsburg family' for your visit at the 'Kunsthistorisches Museum' (KHM, Museum of Art history), the 'Neue Burg' und die 'Schatzkammer' (Secular Treasury) incl. 1 Highlight Audio Guide to 'KHM' and 'Schatzkammer'
- 3-course-dinner at the gourmet Restaurant Le Ciel
- One Grand Guglhupf
- CD 'Music at the Habsbug Court' by Nikolaus Harnoncourt
Rates start at € 390,-
Book "Habsburg Highlights Package" at Grand Hotel Wien
The "Habsburg Highlights Package" Special Offer at Grand Hotel Wien in Vienna is available to book now.
To speak to Grand Hotel Wien reservation team call: +43 (0)1 515 800
- Toque winning cuisine over the rooftops of Vienna
- Christmas & New Year at the Grand Hotel Wien 2014
- Never seen so many trainees before at Grand Hotel Vienna
- Grand Hotel Wien invites to an exclusive piano evening with Robert Werner
- Le Ciel Grill Lunch
- Theatre in the suite - stage opens at the President Suite
- Grand Hotel Wien and Vienna City Marathon launch new partnership
- Afternoon Tea
- New Director of Sales & Marketing for the Austrian JJW Hotels & Resorts
- Open House at 29th September
- Suite Theater
- WWF Earth Hour 2013
- New Grand Spa No605 has opened